The Growing Kids Consignment Sale accepts just about ANYTHING related to babies and kids!
ITEM CONDITION: Clothing items must be in great condition with little-to-no signs of wear and no damage, such as stains, tears, holes, missing buttons, or dysfunctional zippers. Only items applicable to the upcoming season will be accepted. Equipment and toys should be clean, include all pieces, and must not be recalled. Below you will find specifics on what items will be accepted at the Growing Kids Sale.
ITEM INSPECTION: During Growing Kids drop-offs, all clothing and shoes will be inspected, and any unacceptable items will be sent home with the consignor. Please don't be offended if we ask you to take back some of your items. We will be checking very closely so as to maintain the quality of the sale. We reserve the right to refuse any item that we feel may not sell. It is often easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting your items ready at home. We want to be known for having the best quality merchandise and we want you as a purchaser to have confidence that you are buying the best at Growing Kids.
REGARDING RECALLS: It is the CONSIGNOR'S RESPONSIBILITY, as seller of the items, to make sure none of their items have been recalled. Each consignor will be required to bring a signed waiver to drop-offs accepting the liability of the items they bring, and stating they have ensured that none of their items are recalled or do not meet safety standards. The waiver, along with the recall lists & safety standards are on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
|CLOTHING, SHOES & ACCESSORIES
- LIMIT: 100 clothing items and 10 pairs of shoes per consignor. For clarification, a multiple-piece outfit priced together is considered one item, and shoes grouped together under one price would be considered one pair. NOTE: There is no limit on toys, equipment, etc.
- CHILDREN'S CLOTHING: Up to a size 20. Must be appropriate for the upcoming season. NOTE: We do not accept junior clothing sizes (1, 3, 5, 7, etc) or women's clothing sizes (0, 2, 4, 6, 8). Sizes XS, Small, Med, Large, XL only accepted if brand and style are for children (not teens!). EXCEPTIONS: We realize that some popular, high-demand teen brands are now making sizes small enough for children's sizes 12-14-16, so we will make exceptions for the following sizes/brands: XXS, XS & Small in Abercrombie, Aeropostale, American Eagle & Hollister ONLY. If you bring these items, please write the size equivalent on the tag - for example, XXS (12), XS (14), and Small (16). Also, there are some exceptions for denim (see below).
- DESIGNER BRAND DENIM: We have a designer brand denim rack where we allow all sizes of kids/men's/women's denim in the following brands ONLY: Miss Me, Big Star, Rock Revival, Rock & Republic & True Religion. For extra security on these higher-value items, these items will be locked on the rack with large item claim tickets for purchasing, similar to our formal wear. Since we'll be accepting all sizes, this is a great chance for moms and teens to get in on the buying and selling for themselves! Please keep in mind that we do not have dressing rooms, so bring waist/ length measurements and a measuring tape, if you need them! Lastly, please price reasonably (25-40% of retail for used, 50% or less for new w/ tags). Our shoppers are looking for great deals!
- MATERNITY CLOTHING: Accepted during SPRING EVENTS ONLY! The space we use for Halloween Costumes at the fall event will be used for maternity at the spring event. Here are our guidelines on maternity clothing that may be brought:
- All seasons of maternity will be accepted during our spring events.
- Limit of 15 maternity items per consignor.
- Must be current style in excellent condition.
- Should be priced no more than 25% of retail, except for designer or high-end brands, which may be priced a bit higher.
- Please consider donating your unsold maternity clothing! We would love to donate these items to pregnancy shelters and other organizations who could pass them along to those in need!
- SHOES: All children's sizes, as well as women's and men's sizes, but all shoes MUST be style-appropriate for a pre-teen!
- CLOTHING ACCESSORIES: Hats, hairbows, belts, ties, bloomers/diaper covers, backpacks, and child purses (NOTE: Limit of 10 hairbows per consignor. Multiple hairbows may be priced together and counted as one. Hairbows paired with outfits are not counted in limit. Pricing guidelines: New - 50% of retail or less, Used - 25% of retail or less)
- SEASONAL-SPECIFIC ITEMS: For more specifics on what clothing items are accepted at spring/summer and fall/winter sales, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- RECALLS: Please ensure none of your clothing items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing "Clothing (Children)".
- We do not accept items with stains, tears, holes, broken zippers, missing buttons, or items showing excessive wear (extremely thinned knees, balled fabric, etc).
- We do not accept underwear, socks, or tights; however, you may sell matching socks or tights pinned to an outfit if you wish.
- We do not accept onesies or other clothing in Ziploc bags (all onesies, etc. must be on hangers)
- No junior clothing (see exceptions above)
- No women's/men's clothing (except for maternity at spring events, and designer jeans - see above)
- No jewelry
- No recalled clothing (be especially aware of checking for recalls on clothing with drawstrings!!!)
|BABY & CHILD ACCESSORIES
- FEEDING: Bottles, sippy cups, dishes & utensils, bibs, nursing pillows, breast pumps, factory-sealed formula (check expiration), burp cloths
- NURSERY NEEDS: Infant bath tubs & seats, diaper pails & refills, potty chairs, towels & washcloths, wipe warmers, blankets, diapers, diaper bags, changing pads, slings & carriers, step stools
- SAFETY: Baby monitors, safety gadgets for home, car & public, baby gates, bed rails, head & body wedges
- BEDDING & DECOR: Crib, bassinet, twin, full & queen bedding/sheets, mattress pads, pillows & cases, picture frames, crib mobiles, rugs, lamps, wall hangings, sleeping bags, etc. (MUST ALL be styled for child or pre-teen rooms)
- IMPORTANT - RECALLS: Please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's Website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No baby food or formula that is expired or not factory sealed
- No adult-styled bedding or decor
- No recalled or unsafe items
TOYS, BOOKS, VIDEOS, GAMES
- TOYS: boys & girls toys of all brands and age ranges
- BOOKS: infant, toddler, preschool, elementary, youth, parenting, pregnancy & health
- VIDEOS: VHS, DVD's (VHS should be priced $2 or less)
- MUSIC CD's
- GAMES: board games, puzzles, electronic and educational games such as V-Tech, V-Smile, LeapPad, Leapster, PC, etc.
- VIDEO GAMES: video gaming systems & games such as Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, Wii, etc.
- LARGE INDOOR TOYS: hockey tables, train tables, indoor trampolines, rocking horses, art benches, tool benches, play kitchens, doll houses
- LARGE OUTDOOR TOYS: bicycles/tricycles/scooters/Power Wheels, outdoor play equipment/jungle gyms, plastic picnic tables, slides, swing sets, tree swings, trampolines
- SPORTS GEAR: Baseball bats/helmets/gloves/tees, basketball goals/balls/returns, swim rings/floaties/life jackets/goggles, football gear, golf clubs/gloves, bicycle helmets/knee pads, bicycle seats & trailers
- Must be in working order with all pieces
- Include batteries (Dollar Tree has batteries for $1!)
- Please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- If you intend to sell TOYS, TOY CHESTS or BEAN BAG CHAIRS, please ensure your item meets the requirements listed on the CPSC Reference Guide on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No non-electronic or non-character stuffed animals (FYI...Build-a-Bear & Beanie Babies are fine)
- No porcelain dolls
- No videos without covers, and please ensure videos and covers match!
- No R-rated or home-recorded videos
- No electronic toys without batteries
- No recalled or unsafe items
BABY EQUIPMENT & FURNITURE
- BABY EQUIPMENT: Strollers, joggers, bike trailers, car seats, pack-n-plays, baby swings, jumperoos, walkers, high-chairs, booster seats, exer-saucers, bouncy seats, doorway jumpers
- FURNITURE: Cribs, toddler beds, bassinets, mattresses, changing tables, rocking chairs / gliders, toy boxes, bookshelves, other children's furniture.
NOTE ABOUT CRIBS: To comply with crib laws, we will no longer accept cribs manufactured before June 28, 2011. Consigned cribs must either: A) Have the manufacture date on the crib, showing it to be manufactured on or after June 28th, 2011, or B) Have a Certificate of Compliance from the company which manufactured the crib stating that the crib is certified to meet laws 16 CFR 1219 or 16 CFR 1220. Thank you for your understanding as we seek to make the safety of our children priority!
- Equipment must be clean.
- Attach any accompanying small items securely.
- NOTE: Sellers are responsible for assembling all cribs, beds, pack-n-plays and playpens they bring during drop-offs.
- If you intend to sell a CRIB, PLAYPEN, PACK-N-PLAY, CAR SEAT, BATH SEAT, BABY WALKER, MATTRESS, OR BUNK BEDS, please ensure your item meets the requirements listed on the CPSC Reference Guide on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- For all equipment, please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No excessively dirty or broken equipment.
- No equipment with missing seat-straps.
- No recalled or unsafe items
-Short-sleeved and 3/4-length sleeved tops (unless they have fall/winter detail - pumpkins, snowflakes, etc.)
-Limited amount of long-sleeved infant clothing (only if light or pastel colored or spring/summer detail)
-Boys' long-sleeved, dress shirts (only if light or pastel colors)
-All sizes of light-weight cotton, 1-piece sleepers. Footed is fine, but fleece and other thicker materials must wait for fall, as well as those with fall/winter details (pumpkins, snowflakes, etc).
-Shorts and Capris
-Pants, including jeans and khakis (no winter fabrics - see fabrics listed on right)
-Light-weight sweaters (only if light colored)
-Light-weight wind jackets
-Leotards and dancewear
-Swimwear & coverups
|-Long-sleeved tops (unless they have spring/summer detail - beach scenes, etc.)
-Winter fabrics (corduroy, velvet, fleece, suede, sweatpant material, etc.)
-Black, patent dress shoes
-Coats, hats, gloves, mittens
-Winter boots, ski boots (cowboy boots and rain boots ARE accepted)
-Long-sleeved and 3/4-length sleeved tops (unless they have spring/summer detail - beach scenes, etc.)
-Short-sleeved holiday dresses
-Sleeveless jumpers (only denim, corduroy, velvet, or d-dark-colored)
-Short-sleeved football jerseys or other athletic-wear (including Razorback onesies/shirts/dresses)
-Short-sleeved BOYS' Collared Polo & Dress Shirts (only dark colors for fall/winter, or white for school uniforms)
-Capri pants (unless they are light or pastel colored or have spring/summer detail)
-Pants, including jeans, khakis & sweatpants
-Coats and jackets
-Leotards and dancewear
-Winter Fabrics: fleece, corduroy, velour, velvet, suede
-Short-sleeved tops (unless they have fall/winter detail - Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc.)
-Short-sleeved infant clothing
-Shorts and skorts
-Short skirts (unless winter fabric or dark colored)
-Swimwear or cover-ups
-Sandals or open-toed shoes
-White dress shoes
-Crocs shoes (except for lined styles)