The Growing Kids Consignment Sale accepts just about ANYTHING related to babies and kids!
ITEM CONDITION: Clothing items must be in great condition with little-to-no signs of wear and no damage, such as stains, tears, holes, missing buttons, or dysfunctional zippers. Only items applicable to the upcoming season will be accepted. Equipment and toys should be clean, include all pieces, and must not be recalled. Below you will find specifics on what items will be accepted at the Growing Kids Sale.
ITEM INSPECTION: During Growing Kids drop-offs, all clothing and shoes will be inspected, and any unacceptable items will be sent home with the consignor. Please don't be offended if we ask you to take back some of your items. We will be checking very closely so as to maintain the quality of the sale. We reserve the right to refuse any item that we feel may not sell. It is often easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting your items ready at home. We want to be known for having the best quality merchandise and we want you as a purchaser to have confidence that you are buying the best at Growing Kids.
REGARDING RECALLS: It is the CONSIGNOR'S RESPONSIBILITY, as seller of the items, to make sure none of their items have been recalled. Each consignor will be required to bring a signed waiver to drop-offs accepting the liability of the items they bring, and stating they have ensured that none of their items are recalled or do not meet safety standards. The waiver, along with the recall lists & safety standards are on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
|CLOTHING, SHOES & ACCESSORIES
- LIMITS: You must bring at least 15 items to be a consignor (these can be any of the items we accept...no clothing necessary). There are limits on the following items a consignor can bring:
Clothing on Hangers: 100 items per consignor (for clarification, multiple pieces priced together are counted as one item)
Shoes: 10 pairs per consignor (multiple pairs priced together are counted as one pair)
Hairbows: 10 per consignor (multiple bows priced together are counted as one bow)
Maternity (accepted at spring sales only): 15 items per consignor (multiple pieces priced together are counted as one item)
NOTE: There is NO LIMIT on toys, equipment, or anything else not listed above.
- CHILDREN'S CLOTHING: Up to a size child's 20. Must be appropriate for the upcoming season. NOTE: We do not accept junior clothing sizes (1, 3, 5, 7, etc) or women's clothing sizes (0, 2, 4, 6, 8). Sizes XS, Small, Med, Large, XL only accepted if brand and style are for children (not teens!). EXCEPTIONS: We realize that some popular, high-demand teen brands are now making sizes small enough for children's sizes 12-14-16, so we will make exceptions for the following sizes/brands: XXS, XS & Small or girls' waists 0-4 or boys' waists up to a 32/medium in ONLY brands Abercrombie, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, Nike, Under Armour & other athletic brands. If you bring these items, please write the size equivalent on the tag - for example, XXS (12), XS (14), Small (16), and Medium (18-20). Also, there are some exceptions for denim (see below).
- DESIGNER BRAND DENIM: We have a designer brand denim rack where we allow all sizes of kids/men's/women's denim in the following brands ONLY: Big Star, Joe's, Miss Me, Rock Revival, Rock & Republic & True Religion. For extra security on these higher-value items, these items will be locked on the rack with large item claim tickets for purchasing, similar to our formal wear. Since we'll be accepting all sizes, this is a great chance for moms, teens and even dads to get in on the buying and selling for themselves! Please keep in mind that we do not have dressing rooms, so bring waist/ length measurements and a measuring tape, if you need them! Lastly, please price reasonably (25-40% of retail for used, 50% or less for new w/ tags). Our shoppers are looking for great deals!
- MATERNITY CLOTHING: Accepted during SPRING EVENTS ONLY! The space we use for Halloween Costumes at the fall event will be used for maternity at the spring event. Here are our guidelines on maternity clothing that may be brought:
- All seasons of maternity will be accepted during our spring events.
- Limit of 15 maternity items per consignor.
- Must be current style in excellent condition.
- Should be priced no more than 25% of retail, except for designer or high-end brands, which may be priced a bit higher.
- Please consider donating your unsold maternity clothing! We would love to donate these items to pregnancy shelters and other organizations who could pass them along to those in need!
- SHOES: All children's sizes, as well as women's and men's sizes, but all shoes MUST be style-appropriate for a pre-teen! (limit of 10 pairs per consignor - multiple pairs may be priced together and counted as one)
- CLOTHING ACCESSORIES: Hats, hairbows, belts, ties, bloomers/diaper covers, backpacks, and child purses (NOTE: Limit of 10 hairbows per consignor. Multiple hairbows may be priced together and counted as one. Hairbows paired with outfits are not counted in limit. Pricing guidelines: New - 50% of retail or less, Used - 25% of retail or less)
- SEASONAL-SPECIFIC ITEMS: For more specifics on what clothing items are accepted at spring/summer and fall/winter sales, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- RECALLS: Please ensure none of your clothing items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing "Clothing (Children)". Note that clothing with drawstrings that is made for children under age 12 is now deemed unsafe and is most likely recalled.
- We do not accept items with stains, tears, holes, broken zippers, missing buttons, or items showing excessive wear (extremely thinned knees, balled fabric, etc).
- We do not accept underwear, socks, or tights; however, you may sell matching socks or tights pinned to an outfit if you wish.
- We do not accept onesies or other clothing in Ziploc bags (all onesies, etc. must be on hangers)
- No junior clothing (see exceptions above)
- No women's/men's clothing (except for maternity at spring events, and designer jeans - see above)
- No jewelry
- No recalled clothing (due to the high volume of recalls on clothing with drawstrings made for children under age 12, please do not bring those items. Please also pay attention to recalls on pajamas that don't meet fire retardant standards!!!)
|BABY & CHILD ACCESSORIES
- FEEDING: Bottles, sippy cups, dishes & utensils, bibs, nursing pillows, breast pumps, factory-sealed formula (check expiration), burp cloths
- NURSERY NEEDS: Infant bath tubs & seats, diaper pails & refills, potty chairs, towels & washcloths, wipe warmers, blankets, diapers, diaper bags, changing pads, slings & carriers, step stools
- SAFETY: Baby monitors, safety gadgets for home, car & public, baby gates, bed rails, head & body wedges/supports
- BEDDING & DECOR: Crib, bassinet, twin, full & queen bedding/sheets, mattress pads, pillows & cases, picture frames, crib mobiles, rugs, lamps, wall hangings, sleeping bags, etc. (MUST ALL be styled for child or pre-teen rooms)
- IMPORTANT - RECALLS: Please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's Website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No baby food or formula that is expired or not factory sealed
- No adult-styled bedding or decor
- No recalled or unsafe items
TOYS, BOOKS, VIDEOS, GAMES
- TOYS: boys & girls toys of all brands and age ranges
- BOOKS: infant, toddler, preschool, elementary, youth, parenting, pregnancy & health
- VIDEOS: VHS, DVD's (VHS should be priced $2 or less)
- MUSIC CD's
- GAMES: board games, puzzles, electronic and educational games such as V-Tech, V-Smile, LeapPad, Leapster, PC, etc.
- VIDEO GAMES: video gaming systems & games such as Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, Wii, etc.
- LARGE INDOOR TOYS: hockey tables, train tables, indoor trampolines, rocking horses, art benches, tool benches, play kitchens, doll houses
- LARGE OUTDOOR TOYS: bicycles/tricycles/scooters/Power Wheels, outdoor play equipment/jungle gyms, plastic picnic tables, slides, swing sets, tree swings, trampolines
- SPORTS GEAR: Baseball bats/helmets/gloves/tees, basketball goals/balls/returns, swim rings/floaties/life jackets/goggles, football gear, golf clubs/gloves, bicycle helmets/knee pads, bicycle seats & trailers
- Must be in working order with all pieces
- Include batteries (Dollar Tree has batteries for $1!)
- Please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- If you intend to sell TOYS, TOY CHESTS or BEAN BAG CHAIRS, please ensure your item meets the requirements listed on the CPSC Reference Guide on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No porcelain dolls
- No videos without covers, and please ensure videos and covers match!
- No R-rated or home-recorded videos
- No recalled or unsafe items
- No non-working electronic items or sets missing important pieces
BABY EQUIPMENT & CHILD FURNITURE
- BABY EQUIPMENT: Strollers, joggers, bike trailers, car seats, pack-n-plays, baby swings, jumperoos, walkers, high-chairs, booster seats, exer-saucers, bouncy seats, doorway jumpers
- CHILD FURNITURE: Cribs, toddler beds, bassinets, mattresses, changing tables, rocking chairs / gliders, toy boxes, bookshelves, other children's furniture.
NOTE ABOUT CRIBS: To comply with crib laws, we will no longer accept cribs manufactured before June 28, 2011. Consigned cribs must either: A) Have the manufacture date on the crib, showing it to be manufactured on or after June 28th, 2011, or B) Have a Certificate of Compliance from the company which manufactured the crib stating that the crib is certified to meet laws 16 CFR 1219 or 16 CFR 1220. Thank you for your understanding as we seek to make the safety of our children priority!
- Equipment must be clean.
- Attach any accompanying small items securely.
- NOTE: Sellers are responsible for assembling all cribs, beds, pack-n-plays and playpens they bring during drop-offs.
- If you intend to sell a CRIB, PLAYPEN, PACK-N-PLAY, CAR SEAT, BATH SEAT, BABY WALKER, MATTRESS, OR BUNK BEDS, please ensure your item meets the requirements listed on the CPSC Reference Guide on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- For all equipment, please ensure none of your items have been recalled by visiting the Consumer Protection Safety Commission's website and choosing the appropriate item category. See links to recall lists on our Product Safety & Recalls page.
- No dirty or broken equipment.
- No equipment with missing seat-straps.
- No recalled or unsafe items
- No carseats that were manufactured more than 5 years ago (exception made for those having a future expiration date imprinted on them), and none that have been in a wreck or are missing straps.
(NEW!!!) ALL HOME FURNITURE (accepted during GKS Reloaded ONLY)
Up to this point, our furniture has been limited to pieces that are intended for baby and child rooms, but why not help you out with those playrooms, offices, living spaces, dining rooms and even bedrooms!?! We won't have room for these items during regular drop-offs, but all home furniture beyond a child's bedroom will now be accepted during our GKS Reloaded drop-offs (see schedule menu link on right), and these items will be available starting Friday morning! We encourage you to still bring your child furniture during our regular drop-offs if possible! Here are the guidelines on home furniture:
- NOT ACCEPTED: NO home decor (lamps/light fixtures, mirrors, pictures/frames, knick-knacks, plants/greenery, bedding, etc); NO appliances (refrigerators, toasters, etc)
- CONDITION: We expect reasonable wear/tear on used furniture, but NO large stains and NO large tears/holes on upholstered items. NO broken items. NO recalled items. We reserve the right to send home any items that do not meet the requirements.
- BEFORE YOU HAUL IT...if you are unsure whether it's an acceptable item or if it's condition is questionable, please text a picture of your item to 479-420-9699, and we'll do our best to evaluate it before you haul it!
- AT DROP-OFFS: We typically have someone on duty who can help you unload your heavier items.
- BRING THESE! Couches, chairs, stools/benches, dining tables, end tables, coffee tables, console/sofa tables, nightstands, chests, dressers, entertainment centers, desks, buffets/china cabinets/hutches, shelves/bookcases, beds of all sizes & mattresses, patio furniture, etc
- PRICING: Remember to price reasonably! GKS shoppers are looking for GREAT deals on gently used items! This is your chance for hundreds of local families to see and buy your items for sale, so don't risk taking it back home!
- HOW TO TAG: Your barcoded index card tag will be stapled to one of our large item claim tickets, so simply bring your tags unattached, or scotch-taped onto your items for easy removal at drop-offs. If you are selling several furniture pieces together under one price, place a barcoded index card tag on one of the pieces, then place masking tape with your consignor # and "piece # of #" on the additional items. Make sure you describe each piece on the index card tag description.
- DISPLAYING YOUR ITEMS: We ask that the consignor be responsible for fully assembling all furniture items. This helps ensure that all the necessary pieces/screws/etc are present for a potential buyer, and will help your item sell!
- DONATIONS: Just like all other items, furniture not marked with an "R" for "Return" on the tag WILL be automatically donated if unsold, and any furniture items not picked up during the designated pick-up hours are immediately donated.
-Short-sleeved and 3/4-length sleeved tops (unless they have fall/winter detail - pumpkins, snowflakes, etc.)
-Limited amount of long-sleeved infant clothing (only if light or pastel colored or spring/summer detail)
-Boys' long-sleeved, dress shirts (only if light or pastel colors)
-All sizes of light-weight cotton, 1-piece sleepers. Footed is fine, but fleece and other thicker materials must wait for fall, as well as those with fall/winter details (pumpkins, snowflakes, etc).
-Shorts and Capris
-Pants, including jeans and khakis (no winter fabrics - see fabrics listed on right)
-Light-weight sweaters (only if light colored)
-Light-weight wind jackets
-Leotards and dancewear
-Swimwear & coverups
|-Long-sleeved tops (unless they have spring/summer detail - beach scenes, etc.)
-Winter fabrics (corduroy, velvet, fleece, suede, sweatpant material, etc.)
-Black, patent dress shoes
-Coats, hats, gloves, mittens
-Winter boots, ski boots (cowboy boots and rain boots ARE accepted)
-Long-sleeved and 3/4-length sleeved tops (unless they have spring/summer detail - beach scenes, etc.)
-Short-sleeved holiday dresses
-Sleeveless jumpers (only denim, corduroy, velvet, or d-dark-colored)
-Short-sleeved camo clothing, football jerseys or other athletic-wear (including dri-fit shirts & Razorback/OU/OSU/etc onesies/shirts/dresses)
-Short-sleeved BOYS' Collared Polo & Dress Shirts (only dark colors for fall/winter, or white for school uniforms)
-Capri pants (unless they are light or pastel colored or have spring/summer detail)
-Pants, including jeans, khakis & sweatpants
-Coats and jackets
-Leotards and dancewear
-Winter Fabrics: fleece, corduroy, velour, velvet, suede
-Short-sleeved tops (unless they have fall/winter detail - Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc.)
-Short-sleeved infant clothing
-Shorts and skorts
-Short skirts (unless winter fabric or dark colored)
-Swimwear or cover-ups
-Sandals or open-toed shoes
-White dress shoes
-Crocs shoes (except for lined styles)