Welcome to our page about joining our team! If you read the information below, as well as the links on the right-hand side navigation bar, you will learn everything you need to know about Team GKS!
DON'T FORGET TO VISIT THE LINKS ON THE RIGHT---->
The Growing Kids Sale is a TEAM event! We are so grateful for our fantastic teammates who help at each sale! This help is CRUCIAL to maintaining an efficient, successful sale. If the Growing Kids Sale is a benefit to you and your family, please consider giving 4 hours of your time to help. Find a friend to help at the same shift with you! Our teammates are FIRST to shop the sale, during Team Night!
- SHOP FIRST! You get the biggest and best selection by shopping Team Night (a full day before consignors shop!).
- IT'S LIKE MOMS-DAY-OUT! You get some time to get out of the house, interact with other women and meet new friends!
- POPULAR GKS T-SHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE! You get a FREE, collectible GKS t-shirt with a purchase of $200 or more during Team Night! (while supplies last)
- EARN A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF PROFITS: You can earn an additional percentage on your items (by fulfilling two 4-hr shifts)!
- WIN GKS BUCKS, T-SHIRTS, HIGHER PERCENTAGES: You can be entered into a drawing for free GKS t-shirts, gift certificates and 100% of your earnings (by fulfilling two 4-hr shifts)!
Fulfill one 4-hour shift --->
Earns a Team Night Early Shopping Pass
Fulfill two 4-hour shifts --->
Earns a Team Night Early Shopping Pass AND
75% of your earnings AND
an entry into the drawing for 100% of your earnings!
Fulfill two 4-hour shifts, with one of those shifts being a designated “Re-sort Shift” --->
Earns a Team Night Early Shopping Pass AND
75% of your earnings AND
an entry into the drawing for 100% of your earnings AND
a LINE PASS*.
*Line Pass Details: a Line Pass allows you to be first to enter when the doors open for Team Night! When you arrive, simply bypass the line of teammates and come to the front doors to enter with the other Line Pass holders! To collect the Line Pass, you will need to pay a $32 cash deposit at drop-offs. This deposit will be fully refunded to you at the completion of your re-sort shift.
PREGNANT OR NURSING? Are you pregnant needing a less-active shift, or nursing an infant that you need to bring with you? Please contact us at the number below so that we can help you pick a shift that will be suitable to your needs, and remember to review our policy about bringing children to your shift (located in the Team Agreement below).
NOT CONSIGNING? We apologize for any inconvenience, but to be eligible to join Team GKS and shop Team Night, you must participate as a consignor (selling 15 items or more), because the state of AR has expressed issue with people helping who are not also participating as consignors. If you do not have items to consign, you may want to consider one of these options: 1) If you have a friend who consigns, you could ask if they would loan you 15 items to consign under your name. You could give them the proceeds, and then as a consignor, you get to shop before the public. 2) You could pick up a few cheap items from a garage sale, and easily make your money back consigning them, which would earn you a Consignor Preview Party pass.
In order to participate as a teammate at the Growing Kids Sale, you must agree to the following guidelines in this agreement. Please understand that these guidelines have been created in an effort to maintain a high quality sale that meets the needs of our community.
- To be eligible to choose a shift and shop Team Night, teammates must participate as a consignor (selling 15 items or more).
- If, after choosing a shift, a teammate realizes they can no longer consign, they need to un-register as a consignor & teammate before the deadline (see below). If a teammate does not cancel their shift before the deadline has passed, they are obligated to fulfill their shift or choose one of the options below.
- Teammates must be age 16 or older.
- Teammates may not bring children under age 12 with them to their shift. Occasional exceptions have been made for nursing infants during certain shifts, but the appeal must be made and approved by the Growing Kids Staff BEFORE signing up for a shift.
- Growing Kids needs every assigned teammate in order to run the sale smoothly and efficiently. In an effort to ensure the quality of the sale by retaining a sufficient number of teammates, Growing Kids requires that teammates fulfill their assigned 4-hour shift.
- Teammates can go on the GKS website to cancel their shift or switch to a different shift until the deadline, which falls on the evening before the first sale shift begins. The deadline for the upcoming sale is Wednesday,March 1st at 10pm.
- After the deadline, teammates have the following options if they are unable to make their shift:
Our team positions are very popular and very sought-after. All of the available shifts are typical full within 2 weeks of registrations opening. By choosing a shift, you are holding a valuable spot & opportunity. For this reason, in the event a teammate does not fulfill that shift they've held, or send a suitable replacement, Growing Kids will deduct a 30% penalty from the teammate's earnings check, and they will be placed on a Prohibited Teammate List.
Consignors who have not fulfilled a shift in the past and were placed on the Prohibited Teammate List may be reinstated as a potential teammate by paying a $30 cash deposit. Once the deposit is paid, the consignor will be cleared from their prohibited status and be allowed to sign-up for a shift at the upcoming sale. Once they fulfill that shift, the $30 will be fully refunded. If that shift is not fulfilled at that upcoming sale, the $30 is forfeited and the consignor will be placed on the Prohibited List again. This deposit helps us verify that the consignor is dependable and trustworthy to hold a valuable team position again. Contact Kim@GrowingKidsSale.com if you wish to do this.
Teammates understand that they are choosing to exchange their 4-hour shift time helping at the Growing Kids Sale solely for the privilege of shopping during the designated Team Night.
Teammates must be on time and fulfill their entire shift in order to reap the benefits of joining Team GKS.
- Find a suitable replacement on their behalf. If the substitute fulfills the shift, the teammate will still receive their full earnings percentage and will not receive any penalties toward choosing a shift at future events.
- Call the GKS Staff to switch to a different, available shift. Shift availability may be limited. If a teammate calls GKS Staff, reschedules to an available shift and fulfills that entire shift, they will receive their full earnings percentage and will not receive any penalties toward joining the team at future events.
"I love working...it's not even just the getting to shop early...it's just the whole atmosphere - it's fun!"
"I just want to share how much I appreciate "Growing Kids"! I have been shopping consignment shops and looking for bargains all my life. I discovered “Growing Kids” this year, and I have never experienced such quality items, so reasonably priced, displayed in such an organized manner, by such professional people. I will be back every six months to work, consign and shop 'with friends'!"
“I drive 6 hours from Louisiana and work because the savings and selection available at the worker sale are worth the trip and the effort.”
“Wanted to let you know I loved the shopping this year for the workers, It was GREAT!!!!!! The check-out was Great, also!!!!!!! Thanks So Much for all of your Work!!!!!!!”
“I like to volunteer because the people that run the sale are very friendly and make the experience so pleasant. The shopping early is great too, the people you meet while shopping and while sitting in line is great the money you save is spectacular. I look forward to each sale it is like my trip to Disney world!”
“This will be my first time to work, but I am so excited. This has been an awesome experience so far and it hasn't even started yet. Love the fact I will get to shop early and earn 75% of my sales. I am driving from Bella Vista and back three different days to work (2 shifts) and shop! Cannot wait!!”
“I would like to say thank you so very much for helping us have such a great sale. The day that workers shopped I had to get my sister to pick up my large items the young men that were helping load stuff were so helpful and were very polite, it made it a lot nicer to shop. I was really impressed with the way things were done this time. I will be there bright and early at the next one. And again a great big Thank you so very much you guys in my book are the best.”
"I love to be able to volunteer at the GKS it breaks the everyday routines and it's all worth it in the end. I found some really good deals at this sale and can't wait for the next!!"
"This was my first year to shop/consign and volunteer. This is a very organized event!!!!! Very well planned and I could tell everyone works as a team. Thank you for the worshipful music. It kept me going while I worked! :)"
REMEMBER TO VISIT THE LINKS IN THE TOP RIGHT-HAND MENU!